Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pre-bed time update

Today was a pretty productive day. I studied for my Peds exam in the morning and also completed part of one of my online class' assignments due on the 16th. I also wrote a birthday card for a relative and went to mail that off (just to get out of the apt. for a while).

Towards the end of the day, however, not so productive. I think I am just about done studying for the night. I hope I'm ready.

I have still been praying every night about the decision to start training to become a certified doula. I really have not felt any opposition. I know I should not rely on feelings, but as I continue to read the introductory course for CBI, I still feel the same desire. When I wake up in the morning, I think to myself, "I still want to become certified as a doula." You see, sometimes the emotions and feelings I have at night are very different than how I will feel in the morning. Usually I do a lot of deep and emotional thinking at night. But I think these thoughts and desires for wanting to become certified are rational.

I told myself, maybe I would get try to get through the introductory course and then register. Or wait until my huge paper is underway (or even completed), and then register. I don't want to be impulsive about this, but I have prayed and thought about it for at least a week, and I am excited to start! I have to admit though, I am a little nervous about the whole "business" aspect of it because most doulas are self-employed. I don't know how to work out things like fees, taxes, expenses, etc.! And I don't know how I would employ my services either because I would have a full-time job as an RN eventually. I know there are people who are nurses and doulas at the same time, so I know it is "allowed." I am just going to have to seek some more people out.

No comments:

Post a Comment