Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sad/Happy

I'll start with the "sad" first. I called the nurse manager on the gyn/women's med-surg floor that I wanted to work at. She said that they are not hiring any new grads at this time. In fact, in the past year, they had hired some new grads, so that is why they are now looking for experienced nurses (which were probably the positions I had seen on the job listing site). As for Mother/Baby, which she is also the nurse manager of, she suggested that I get med-surg experienced before applying there.

I was of course very polite, but I was sad after the phone conversation. That floor was the only med-surg floor that I wanted to work on in order to gain my "6 months to 1 year" of experience. I seriously don't know if I could last 1 year in med-surg. 6 months alone will be hard enough, knowing that there is another field I want to enter.

I stated my feelings on my Facebook status, and one of my fellow team members/pirates (inside joke) commented on it. That comment made my afternoon. I had just been feeling very down this afternoon, but she helped me feel a bit better.

And now onto the "happy." I heard back from my CBI trainer. I had replied to her welcome email, and I was afraid that she hadn't received my lengthy email. Which is not a huge problem because I could retrieve it (since I save all my sent emails). However, she has a lot of students to keep track of and sometimes it is hard to remember who you replied to. She wrote back a very nice email. And....she mentioned my email signature (which quotes Philippians 1:6 - "...being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus") and said that she is a Christian, too!! I thought that was so neat. It's great how God puts people in each other's paths like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment