Tuesday, November 10, 2009

End of Orientation is Approaching

Work is going okay. I have 5 more days of work (keep in mind I do not work every week day) till I am on my OWN. Eeek. Sometimes I think about it and get super nervous.

It is stressful still, and I know it will be for a long time. The first year of nursing is the hardest year to get through. What keeps me going is first of all, God. He gave me this job, and I am very thankful for that. All I have to do is remember how much He brought me through to get this job and that is a helpful thought to keep me going.

Also, on more practical reasons, what would I do if I quit? Yes, I do have another job (seasonal), but unfortunately it is farther away for me than I would like, and though I don't like to say money is a factor......it is. I want to make it clear that I did NOT go into nursing for the money nor the job security. Honestly, because I am so naive, I didn't even think of job security. I loved learning about health care ever since I was in high school, and I wanted to help people and make a difference.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment