Borrowed from Harmony @ Thou and Thou Only:
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Passed the NCLEX.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make New Year's resolutions, but I did make some goals - some of them which I fulfilled. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
YES! My SIL gave birth to my niece. :D
4. Did anyone close to you get married?
Some people did get married, but I was not super close to them.
5. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes - I visited my brother's family in June to see my new niece.
7. Did you move anywhere?
Yes I did! To my new, very own, apartment!
8. What was the best month?
I don't think I really have ONE best. The time period in which I did my OB clinicals (Jan-Feb) were so wonderful. Oh, and June was pretty fun too, when I met my niece!
9. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More discipline to sit and read a book.
10. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 20th, when I met my niece for the 1st time. Also July 28th, when I got an "unofficial" job offer from the hospital where I am now working. It was official enough for me. :)
11. What was your biggest achievement* of the year?
(Achievements, I have more than one....)
GRADUATING from nursing school, passing the NCLEX, keeping my job (i.e., not quitting yet), finishing my Communication paper for my doula course (the 1st draft, anyway).
12. What was your biggest failure?
Not finishing The Birth Partner! I sure hope I can in 2010. That would be very bad if I didn't.
13. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No illnesses. Some cuts here and there from dry hands. The worst one was a deep cut on my left middle finger that seemed to never heal, until my mom gave me some wonderful Skin Shield (R) that seemed to really help.
14. What was the best thing you bought?
Many things, I think. Off the top of my head, I really like my 30-Day Shred work-out video! I hope to get some more when I can afford them.
15. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My managers, supervisors, and preceptor for being so patient with me.
16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
17. Where did most of your money go?
Nursing school books, NCLEX fee, RN license application, NCLEX prep materials (very worth it, btw), and then rent during the latter half of the year.
18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My niece!!!! And getting a JOB!
19. What song* will always remind you of 2009?
(Songs, as there are more than one)
"Here With Us" by Joy Williams
"Vision of You" by Shane & Shane
"Until the Whole World Hears" by Casting Crowns
"How Many Kings" by Downhere
"You're Here" by Francesca Batistelli
20. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. richer or poorer? Richer
21. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading for fun, progressing through my doula course
22. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time on the internet <----I agree with Harmony!!
23. How will you be spending New Year's Eve/Day?
I worked on New year's eve. =P But on New year's day, I flew out to visit my brother's family, and my parents were there, too! We had dduk guk for lunch, took pictures in traditional Korean clothes, and hung out together for the remainder of the day. It was such a nice birthday. And I am incredibly thankful I was not scheduled to work that day!
24. What was an unexpected surprise?
Being able to visit my brother's family. I was like, oh well and just accepted that I would not be able to visit until possibly my niece's 1st birthday. But it was so nice that I was able to visit, even if it was for a long weekend. It was so worth it. Another unexpected surprise was not being scheduled to work on my birthday.
25. Did you fall in love in 2009?
26. What was the best concert you've been to this year?
The best and only concert I went to was Shane & Shane. It was so good!!
27. What was your favorite TV program?
18 Kids and Counting
28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn't dislike this time last year?
29. What was the best book you read?
Don't really have one.
30. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Shane & Shane. I like them more now that I saw them in concert live.
31. What did you want and get?
32. What did you want and not get?
Antibacterial soap from B&BW. But that is totally ok because I have a gift card coming in the mail from them. :) And work-out DVDs and books for nurses - but that is okay because I can easily get them for myself for free (eventually, once I get enough points from Amazon.com).
33. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm......I didn't go to the movie theatre once in 2009! Oops.
34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I really don't remember, oops. I turned 24. I think I was at home with my parents though, so at least I was with family. I cannot imagine being alone for my birthday, although that did happen a few years. Alone = not with family.
35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting more clinical time in Mother/Baby, NICU, and L&D. Would have LOVED that.
36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Comfortable and warm.
37. What kept you sane?
I don't think anything kept me sane. Esp. during the job search period. I remember that being a very hard time, nothing seemed to help me feel better. I gained weight from sitting around so much. I couldn't get off the computer very well and was constantly visiting hospital websites, searching for job openings. Sorry for the rant......
38. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am not sure......
39. Who did you miss?
My brother's family. Wish we could all lived closer or at least (realistically) had it so that traveling was easier to arrange/plan/wasn't so costly.
40. Random Memories from 2009?
Talking with my Pirates (a.k.a. clinical team), clinicals, moving day on my floor for my job, settling into my new apartment