Sunday, April 25, 2010

NBBE

Just a quick summary of this afternoon.

Today I went to the Natural Birth & Baby Expo! It was my 2nd time attending it, and I just knew I had to go again this year.


I am so glad I went! I got there a bit later in the event, but I still had a wonderful time. There were several vendors there, like last year. But one vendor that was there this time (that wasn't there last time) was the American College of Nurse Midwives for our local chapter. The ladies holding that booth were - get this - CNMs and both were Frontier alumni!!! WAY COOL!!

I know I said a quick summary, but I want to share a little more detail about my interaction with them. :) I talked with them for a long time and got some insight and encouragement. One of the things they mentioned were that it was great that younger women were going into the profession of nurse-midwifery because when the "older" ladies retired, there needed to be more individuals coming into the profession. I told them how I was applying for Class 82, and one of them was in Class 8 - wow.
:) I asked them about their schedule, and like I had heard, it does seem very busy. But if your heart is in it, then......why not go for it?

And they personally invited me to attend their ACNM chapter meetings! I was so totally excited by this, as you could imagine.

I also saw some other vendors that I met last year, and they all remembered me! Plus a few other individuals that I met this year. So nice to see friendly, familiar faces, plus meet new ones! And as usual, it was great to be in the presence of other like-minded mamas and birth professionals.

Well, I should be getting to bed soon. But I just wanted to document this lovely afternoon. :) Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment