Monday, September 26, 2011

First Day of Fall Term

Even though summer term ended 10 days ago, I had been waiting for my grade in Research to be corrected - and finally the correction has been noted in the grade system - yay!  I did end up passing both classes. :)

Today was the first day of fall term.  I am taking 1) Pharmacology and 2) Reproductive Anatomy & Physiology.  Kind of looking forward to this term, as I feel I'm now getting into more of the "midwifery/women's health" type of classes.

I did go to HR and ask them for a transfer request form.  They were very firm on the transfer policy (6 months in your current position), but they said they could not stop people from applying.  Therefore I obtained a transfer request form and will hold onto it until November or December - at that point I will most likely fill it out and send it back to HR.

According to the employee handbook (which I had time to read early this morning at work), it just may be possible to transfer earlier than 6 months.  Because in transfer section of the handbook, it says that if you have been in your current position for at least 6 months, you don't need a supervisor's signature on the form.  Then it said you would need one if you had not been in your current position for at least 6 months. 

So.....I can infer that it is possible to transfer early, as long as you have your manager's approval??

No comments:

Post a Comment