Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Burden Lifted

In my last post, I talked about the fact that I wanted to cut back my hours at work but was unsuccessful. So the next thing I wanted to try was requesting to go per diem/PRN.

My (interim) manager let me do it! I went to HR, signed the form, and requested the change to become effective the next pay period, which was this past Sunday the 15th. :)

The schedule has already been made until towards the end of March. I really didn't want to continue working full-time hours until then. Thankfully my manager allowed me to make adjustments to my schedule and be taken off on the days that we were well-staffed. I am super duper grateful she let me do that.

I feel very confident about this decision. Even though I have to find my own medical & dental insurance now (I was already getting vision insurance independently), the pay off is so, so worth it. I have already narrowed down my choices for both types of insurance and will be getting that settled this week. And I will have to really save my money at times (I am fairly frugal to begin with, though), but I can pick up work when necessary. So I believe it will work out for the better.

I'm glad I will be able to focus more on school and hopefully be a little less stressed.

1 comment:

  1. That is great news! It will take some load off your shoulders! :)

    ReplyDelete