Friday, July 2, 2010

It's a no

I called HR this morning. It looks like the interim manager gave the position to somebody else. The HR person said it was probably offered to someone internally - that is, someone ALREADY in Mother/Baby. I understand that they would be given preference.

The weekend position and the PRN position are still posted. I am considering applying for the former. I would be willing to work every Saturday with absolutely no problems at all. But could I face working every Sunday until who knows when? Of course I know that attending church does not make one a Christian, but attending church is important for my spiritual life. I need the fellowship. And I am growing to enjoy my Sunday school class.

Of course I could try the local OB-GYN office and the birth center, but my first choice would be to stay at my present hospital.

I have a meeting with the Director of Nursing (DON) today. She is the DON of the cardiac floors + stroke floor. She wanted to meet with me today. She knew that I was scheduled to work, but she got it approved by my supervisor to have the day off of work (can't complain about that). She wanted to talk about the incident that happened on the 17th. She also mentioned she heard from my manager and supervisor that I was having a difficult time on the floor, and I think she mentioned something about possibly trying a different area??

So I am off of work today, and I am going to go meet with her this afternoon. Maybe after this meeting I'll decide if I want to apply for another position within the hospital.

Surprisingly, I'm not as upset as I thought it would be. Like I said, things would work out the way they were meant to be. I just need guidance and wisdom to know what to do next.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry the mother/baby position didn't work out for you. Can't wait to see what is in store instead!