Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Unofficially done :)

I am done with winter term. It doesn't truly feel official though because I don't have all my grades yet (i.e., for my second midwifery paper and my Patho ending reflections paper). I did complete the course evaluations, though. I also have to go to a workshop later this year as a part of my midwifery course.

It will feel so nice to have a couple of weeks off. Seriously. I am so thankful to have gotten through this term. It wasn't that it was impossible (though at times I did worry about my grade in Patho). I think it was hard for me personally because my mind was focused on other things (i.e., the job search and everything attached to it). I became apathetic for the latter part of the term, and that made it hard to stay motivated to do much. I pulled through (thank You Lord).

I am still searching for a RN job (8 months and 11 days since I've been unemployed). That's given me a lot of time to think about it. I figured I have so many thoughts about it floating around in my brain that it would be a good idea to get them out in a long blog post. A private one, though because a) I don't think the public needs/wants to hear about it, and b) there are a lot of details I want to write down, and I don't want the possibility of people from my former workplace to find it.

I know a job search may not seem like the most awful thing compared to what others go through. But one thing you should know about me is that I am not a fan of comparing people's problems. My thoughts on this is that everyone goes through trials in their lives, and what they share in public may not be all that is or has been going on in their life. And pain is pain is pain - whether it is a cut or a stab wound. That's a paraphrase from Dr. Allender.

I have a lot to say about this unemployment situation and all the feelings that have been going through my mind since it happened. Many feelings that stem from when I was even in nursing school. I can recall several situations that occurred (from then until now) that were a blow to my confidence. I feel like I have a long way to go before I can build it back up again. But hopefully not.

No comments:

Post a Comment